Bloggin' It

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Georgia is officially off my mind...

What's on my mind is our little piece of history.  Our home...11 years of great memories...great neighbors...parties...heartache...laughter...lots and lots of laughter...mainly family and love.  102 Harvest Moon has given us the best 11 years we could have asked for.  We've potty trained...we've argued and cried and hugged...we've taken off training wheels...we've generally lived a life that would fill any cup.  But on Monday we say goodbye.  We hand our sweet home sweet home over to a new family.  It's bittersweet.  It's exciting and it's sad all in the same ragged breath.
Our girls have spent 11 years of their 17 and almost 13 growing and thriving in this home.  There are so many sweet memories here.  Madie will go away to school in 10 short months...Landry will be in the 8th grade...life changes....we are in constant movement and I'm so very humbled and thankful for this beautiful messy life.
On Monday we say goodbye to our sweet home and hello to a little slice of Folly paradise.  We spend two months living in one of our favorite places and I can't help but think that God has blessed us with this opportunity to live in this 700 square foot cottage to be close and spend this time together.  We are all so busy and sometimes lose sight of just how blessed we are to have each other.
On this flight back to my people and my Carolina, as I listen to Ray Charles talk about Georgia on his mind, I humbly thank my sweet Father for these very precious moments that I will forever cherish.
On to the next chapter for this sweet little life we share and maintain these McDaniels.

#parkcircleherewecome #butfollyfirst #bigyearforthemcdanielfam #goodbye102

No comments:

Post a Comment