Bloggin' It

Friday, January 1, 2016

To resolute or not...

Every year it's the same thing...I am going to lose weight...I am going to spend more time with my family...I am going to be everything I am not...blah blah blah...and then it always ends the same with me disappointed in myself and feeling very unaccomplished.  So this year I am doing things a little different.   I am going to start embracing the enormous amount of grace God has for me and letting it extend through everything I do.  

I decided this year instead of resolutions I would simply start the year with a scripture and a concept.   I am claiming this as my Ephesians 3:20 year and living in a space that claims all the glory for what God can accomplish.  This year will not be about what I need to accomplish on my own.  My Savior is able to do immeasurably more than all I could ever ask or imagine so why wouldn't I make this year about leaning heavily on His abilities and not my own.  As the shirt above indicates I am flawed...I don't always make the right decisions...say the right thing...I am not always the best version of myself, but I do LOVE the Lord and want to have an open heart and mind for what He calls me to do.  This year will be about embracing those imperfections and how God can knit them together for His glory.  

By embracing this knowledge I am confident that God will continue to always show up.  He will continue to be my shield and protector.  He will continue to equip me to be the best me I can be...the best mom...the best wife...the best friend...the best nurse I can be...but none of these bests will be because of anything that I will do...it will all be through the grace and love of a Sovereign God, and boy is there a lot of freedom in that.  My job is to be prayerful, faithful, and have an open heart to being the hands and feet of Jesus.  

Dear Lord thank you for your patience with this Jesus loving sinner girl.  Thank you for allowing me the privilege of being your hands and feet.  Lord I pray that I will always show up with an open heart ripened for your work through time spent in your word and in relationship with you.  All that I do I pray that it is done to glorify you.  Thank you Lord and praises to your name!  AMEN!

Ephesians 3:20
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us

No comments:

Post a Comment