Bloggin' It

Thursday, July 21, 2016

Strength

As I sit here today to read my bible and do my devotional in my favorite spot all of the memories flood my mind.  This was the spot that I would play cards...have story telling marathons...eat...talk endlessly...or just sit with my granddaddy and soak up his love and strength.  Lord knows the ache I have in my heart and how much I miss him everyday.  Yesterday celebrating Madie's 17th birthday made me really think about how it has been 9 birthdays for her without him.  He passed away on March 22, 2007 and for our little family hers was the first birthday we celebrated without him.  When I am in this lake house I can really feel him here.  I woke up at about 2am this morning overwhelmed by his presence...I know it was him letting me know that just because I can't see him doesn't mean he isn't here.   He has been here for all 9 of those birthdays...even if he's not physically here he is always in our thoughts and hearts.  Thinking about how much I love my granddaddy and how much strength just his presence provided me with really made me think about my heavenly Father.  Truly it's the same on such a scale that my heart and mind could never even comprehend it really.  This morning I turned straight to Philippians 4:13 and how appropriate.  "I can do all things through him who strengthens me."  Just as my granddaddy served as a source of strength when he was physically here and still when he is here only in my heart, my sweet Father is just the same and so much more.  He is here...He is present...He is passionate about me...His girl...His daughter...
How much more could I ever ask for?  In these quiet moments spent with Him I feel His love, His strength and His ever constant presence.  
#philippians413 #mystrength 

2 comments:

  1. Your beautiful words made me cry. With every tear I believe we grow stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your beautiful words made me cry. With every tear I believe we grow stronger.

    ReplyDelete