Bloggin' It

Monday, January 11, 2016

Just minding my own business...

Here I am minding my own business just doing the podcast notes for mine and Melissa's podcast that went out today when BOOM...God knocks me right on my butt.  I am talking a BIG swift kick right in the teeth. Okay so I am being dramatic...I know imagine that...but really it was the best kick in the teeth I have ever had.  
I haven't been very quiet that I feel big things coming from God this year.  Today was not the greatest day on the planet...not the worst by a long shot, but not the greatest either.  I was rushed this morning because I didn't sleep well last night and then overslept.  I wanted to meet Melissa to go over a few things before going to work.  Dennie forgot his lunch...I got a really upsetting phone call about a patient...it just was kind of suckish for lack of a better term.  I had to grocery shop this afternoon which is the bane of my existence, and Landry had gymnastics to get to.  I just felt like the day would never end.  I know I know...whaa whaa whaa...cry me a river!  Then I got a phone call and had to call Dennie so he could handle something for me, and the nerve of him...HE DIDN'T ANSWER!  Today was not the day to not answer, but I just said to myself I will take care of it when I get home.  
So I said in the beginning of this post I was minding my own business typing podcast notes when my phone rang again...it was Dennie.  I answered...slightly annoyed that he didn't answer the first time...to my defense he is REALLY bad about not answering his phone...and then God sucker punched me right in the teeth.  Do you know what that precious man of mine said...He said he was sorry he missed my call...he said he was in my war room PRAYING and had left his phone in the kitchen.   YES BACK UP EIGHT WORDS...HE.WAS.PRAYING!!!!  
Now people let me tell you something I love my husband...no big secret...he is clearly my favorite person on the planet.  He is a good, honest, hard working, wonderful father and husband.  He has made a huge difference in so many young lives through his work and his passion with sports.  I LOVE HIM.  All that being said I have been praying for him for the last seven months or so that he would learn how to turn things over to God and truly develop the intimate relationship that is so necessary for all we face on a daily basis.  Dennie has had some major changes in his professional career over the last year that have been good and hard and different all in the same breath.  We have struggled through sleepless nights, feelings of doubt, and the ups and downs that come with any big life change.  There have been moments when we both just stood and looked at each other not having a thing to say that would make what we were feeling any better.   I stopped a while back telling Dennie to pray about things.  I realized that I couldn't do that for him, but what I could do was pray for him...pray over him on those sleepless nights, and go to God and ask for intercession on his behalf.  I know that Dennie is His and He is called according to His purpose so I had full unwavering faith that things would work together for good even if we couldn't see it right now or in the midst of those sleepless nights.  
Well once again...and like EVERY time before God showed up!  My sweet Dennie went to Him...he asked me if he could hang something up on my prayer wall...He surrender the control to the one who already has it.  So as if I could have ever loved him more...well my cup is completely running over!   

2 comments:

  1. Sweet girl, you are precious(!)and your words on this blog are tenderly touching places within me with encouragement!! I will be a daily reader, no doubt!! <3 Marcey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet girl, you are precious(!)and your words on this blog are tenderly touching places within me with encouragement!! I will be a daily reader, no doubt!! <3 Marcey

    ReplyDelete